I.T. Support Officer
Ilim College prides itself on fostering an environment for students to explore their potential for excellence and achievement while incorporating the tenets of Islam into their everyday learning experiences.
The college has multiple campuses throughout Victoria and provides for both primary and secondary students.
We currently have an opening for a full-time technical support officer. General schedule is 8:30am - 4:30pm across multiple campuses on a needs basis. You will also be requested to work during some weekends or during school breaks as the need arises.
As a technical support officer, your role will be multi-dimensional with an opportunity in the future to specialize in select areas. You’ll be monitoring and maintaining systems that are dependent upon by students, teachers and admin staff. Our college has adopted a multi-vendor solution to our information technology needs and as such experience with and proficiency in the Apple, Google and Microsoft ecosystems is expected.
You will be working and/or assisting area managers in the following:
- Installation/imaging of Windows 10 operating systems
- Maintaining and ensuring all hardware devices - computers, iPads, copiers/printers, Apple TVs, projectors, etc... are in working order (troubleshooting, repairs...)
- Assist with the deployment/installation of the above-mentioned devices
- Set up a schedule to survey classrooms, staff rooms, and admin areas to identify issues before they are reported and resolve them in a timely manner
- Analyze job logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Set up self-help documents so staff and students can try to fix problems themselves
- Other jobs as requested
Experience and competency in the following areas will help the candidate make the most of this position:
- Active Directory administration
- G Suite apps/directory administration
- JAMF (Casper) MDM administration
- Liaising with various vendors to obtain technical support
- Ability to deal with difficult cases, maintaining a positive demeanor
- Escalate issues beyond your scope to expert area managers
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stay up to date with technical knowledge
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good understanding of the software and devices used by staff and students
- Ability to use online resources to troubleshoot/resolve issues