Mission & Vision Statement
Ilim College fosters an environment where each student can explore his or her individual potential for academic excellence and personal achievement, while incorporating the tenets of Islam into their every day learning experiences.
Ilim College has set goals that will enhance its mission and firmly connect it to the wider Australian community:
We aim to:
- Be innovative and responsive to the contemporary world through exploration and adoption of educational strategies that enhance teaching and learning.
- Build a closer educational partnership between parents, teachers and students. We seek to have parents more closely involved in every facet of their child's education and collectively demonstrate Ilim College values.
- Meet the individual learning and development needs of each student. Every student deserves to be taught in a way that enables them to reach their potential in whichever area/s they excel.
- Use contemporary teaching tools and methods to better integrate Islam into our curriculum and co-curricular activities. We aim to enable our students to explore their understanding and practice of Islam and how they connect with it beyond the classroom and as part of Australian society.
- Naturally connect to the wider Australian community. We are taking on leadership projects, conducting community conversations, and joining programs that enable the community and the College to learn more about each other in a cooperative, mutually beneficial environment.